« Home | hot hot hot » | travels from florida » | another day drags on » | a second set of ramblings from cfs camp » | ipod » | new york city » | waiting to start the web design class at cfs... so... » | nothing more to say » | ouch » | bewitching the orthodontist »

shallow working loser

I am so terribly out of shape. It's not even funny. I'm working again at my mom's office today and after I finished my lunch I ran downstairs to get my mom some cookies out of the vending machine (conveniently located on the basement floor when my mother works on the fourth floor that's really the second floor because the basement is first floor and all the numbers are messed up but whatever) and it took me like 10 minutes to get my breath back. I should join a health club like the Wellness Center at Meadowmont but I am way too lazy. Besides its not like I have any transportation or way to get there. There's a fitness club in Timberlyne too... right by my house. I think once school (and gym) starts back up again we'll do workouts everyday for like an hour and maybe I'll get some muscle tone. Maybe not. Weight-bearing exercises are good for me though.

I should really get back to work sorting video-tapes. I worked on it this morning and logged and finished all of the grade 6's but there are still grade 8's to start. I really don't feel like it though. I know I should help, there's no reason for me not to. After all, I'm here and there's work to be done and I'm just chilling, updating my blog and playing sims. on my computer. I told Susan (the lady my mom works with that I'm sorting videotapes and cd's for) I would get back to work after lunch but now I think I've decided I'm too lazy. There's something that comes with lunch that makes you slow down a little bit and not want to get back to whatever you were doing. Or at least that's how I always feel after I eat lunch.

I just finished this book yesterday... The Rise and Fall of a Tenth Grade Social Climber. It was kind of good but I stayed up really late reading it... like until 11:00 and I don't know why. It wasn't Harry Potter or anything and not even that good. No meaning. Not that Harry Potter really has any meaning either... it's just sort of comfort food. The girls in the book had such horrible values, or shall I say lack of them. They cut half their classes everyday and instead spent their time getting high and drinking various liquors in the bathroom and low-class Mexican bars. They were all supposed to be high-class girls too. Members of the uber-rich upper class of New York City. Their parents were all famous diplomats, lawyers, and a Martha Stewart look-a-like and yet they were still trashy. Even with the Armani sweaters etc. one of the girls shoplifted. Even though her parents were bazillionaires and she had enough to pay for it... And the dumbest part of the whole book? At the beginning the main character makes a bet with her ex-bff that she (the new girl) can make it into the cool girl clique by winter break and get invited on their beach-vacation or whatever. And then she spends the entire book accomplishing this feat while keeping a journal that she is constantly making nasty comments about these girls in. Then when she pisses the ex-bff off he gets a hold of the journal and posts it online where the cool girls all see it and immediately turn on her. Then ex-bff feels bad and has the new girl (not so new anymore) post an apology letter on the same site so she can get all her friends back. And so she does and they invite her on the trip. Talk about shallow. Low morals can we aim lower? Sometimes I wonder how these type of books get published. For girls like me I guess. Who read them and wonder as they are reading them why they picked it up in the first place. And also for the shallow girls that like to read those books and set the characters as their role models yada yada. Only those girls don't read books. They just go out and do the same things that the girls in the book do. Without any prompts. But obviously it's still important enough for me to write half a page about it. Or I'm pathetically bored eough to write and entire half page about it... Your cup can be half full or half empty...

Ew. I just came back from the bathroom (because I drank an entire bottle of water at lunch and therefore insured that I would be visiting the cubicle periodically for the rest of the afternoon) and in the toilet someone had left their bloody tampon and it was all puffed up and swollen from being left in the bowl for so long. Why can't people just flush their waste? No one wants to see it and it isn't that hard to just press the lever with your foot or hand or muscle of choice. whatever. I always feel really guilty and disgusting when I leave the stall without flushing... which I never do unless the flush is broken and the pot won't flush. But even then what else can you do? Scoop it out with your hand. No. Simply close the door beind you and wish that you had picked a different stall. Also commit the broken toilet to memory because if you are me and drink 10 glasses of water a day chances are that you will be back within the hour and you wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice. Not that you could because you would know as the waste is still in there from the last time you used it. Wow that was way too much detail right there. Whatever. I'm a loser... get over it.

adopt your own virtual pet!