« Home | so apparently... » | that fairy tale ending... » | so apparently.... » | fall leaves » | the end of jacob black » | more jacob black » | oh jacob black! (contains spoilers) » | the hill » | the newest substitute development » | yesterday »

hannukah

today is the first day of hannukah

my mummy made roast chicken and latkes with green beans
it was amazing

I think that latkes are most definitely the best part of hannukah.



my favorite hannukah story is that time that we were playing "hannukah time" in band in the sixth grade, with mr berryhill who was our band director. I had band eight period (or possibly ninth) but there was another sixth grade class that had him fourth period. he pronounced in cha-noo-key-aaah because it was spelled with the ch and he didn't get the chach ::insert phlegm producing noise here for those unfamiliar with chachies:: he called it cha-noo-key-aah time all day and though that fourth period was playing a prank on him when they let him know it was chanuka. he got to my period and I had band with daniel matchar, an-out-of-the-closet-jew whose mother had written the note to mr berryhill that it would be nice to have some hannukah songs on the christmas concert program (or so it was rumored on the sixth grade gossip grapevine). daniel matchar (who has one of those names that you just have to say the whole thing, like jacob beck or ariel fischer) was all like uhh yeah... it actually is pronounced hannukah and mr berryhill was all embarassed. but he was actually kind of a nice guy so whatever.


whatelse

exams suck
chemistry sucks
friends can be disappointing sometimes
memorizing poems is not fun
nor is coming into school early

I think I'm going to try and write in the blog more often... get the CREATIVE JUICES flowing. maybe they'll taste like MANGO or YAMS. ::pick up on the sarcasm::

for those who were wondering, I did indeed manage to get a sentence about yams into my english exam essay ::see things fall apart for manly yam associations:: and I got in five lines in my paper. my english teacher thinks I'm insane but she just doesn't get it.

I got a lap desk from my grandmother for hannukah
she called up my mom and was like I NEED TO BUY HAYLEY A LAPDESK
she gets that way sometimes
but it's okay

I like the lapdesk though
I'm typing on it right now
and it is quite comfy
or whatever a good adjective is for lapdesks anyway...





THE END!

adopt your own virtual pet!