« Home | dumB survey » | vain vain vain » | george the idiot haircutter guy » | George the haircutter guy » | trouble blogs » | shopping gamble » | home again » | shallow working loser » | hot hot hot » | travels from florida »

it's like riding a bike

It's funny how your body always remembers how to rside a bike. No matter how long it's been since you've hopped on and ridden away you just automatically know how to balance yourself and move. It's not like walking where if you lay inbed for 6 weeks and don't get up at all your legs forget and need to be retaught and retoned. I hadn't ridden my bike since last summer but today **in honor of the new bike I got for my birthday (my sister Norah grew out of her old one but wasn't quite ready for an adult size bike so my parent's gave her the bike I got for my birthday last year and got me a new one)** we went for a 'family bike ride' on the American Tobacco Trail. Which is quite long and hot and mostly flat. We rode like 6 1/2 miles which is nothing compared to Lance Armstrong and his 22 mile hikes uphill but enough for me. Especially since I hadn't been on a bike since last summer. But at the end I was so SWEATY and GROSS. I got home, changed out of my grungy disgusting clothes and showered right away. Because I hate feeling all nasty and dirty. dirrrty gurl lol. My mom was also really nice and bought us all milkshakes to share at the end. Because after all, whats the point of bike riding without a milkshake at the end to replace all those calories you just burned? Beats me.

Every summer we go to the beach in South Carolina... Kiawah Island. It's like this golf/tennis/beach resort place (but mostly golf, though the beach is quite nice tennis courts quite clay, and bike trails quite flat...). We always rent a condo and spend a week chilling at the beach (thats right... my family goes to a golf resort even though we don't play golf... whatever.)It's just so relaxed and nice. Last year we went with all my cousins but this year my golf-playing cousins decided to go to Hawaii instead so they could play golf there. My New York family will still be there though. We chilled with them at the beach last year... my little cousing is turning four in November and he is soooo cute! And of course my Grandma who drives down with us usually... she's coming on Wednesday and we're leaving on Saturday. It should be fun... I'm excited.

In Kiawah they have tons of bike trails and most are pretty shady and flat so if you leave early in the morning before the heat really sets in you can have a "nice ride" for two hours before going to crash at the beach for the rest of the day. The nicest (the means most expensive tea-room) golf course is called the Ocean Course and it's really pretty, right on the edge of the beach (but a private beach, not the one with people on it) so you can look at the water while you play and hit your ball into the sand. There's also bike trails that go to it and you have to go through all these residential neighborhoods before you get to it. It's quite a ride, at least an hour there and two and a half hours round trip (always tired-er on the way back so it takes longer...). We did it once last year but this year my parents have got this crazy idea in their heads to bike there everyday before hitting the beach. Ack. I need the excersize though... am so out of shape its not even funny.

I think I'm going to Paint the Earth babysitting camp tomorrow because my mom has a long day at her offfice because she's taking off all next week to go to the beach and the end of this week because my Grandma is coming. it shouldn't be so bad though... you get to paint ceramics and maybe I can convince Amy to tag along because she got home from camp on Saturday and isn't leaving for Vermont until Wednesday. School starts in two weeks... I am very excited!! My birthday is coming up right before that too... these last two weeks of summer should go by really fast.... I hope.

adopt your own virtual pet!