« Home | life after life after late fees » | World News Tonight with Peter Jennings » | it's like riding a bike » | dumB survey » | vain vain vain » | george the idiot haircutter guy » | George the haircutter guy » | trouble blogs » | shopping gamble » | home again »

sand dollar theives

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was at the beach and I only got back yesterday night.

My vacation was too lengthy to recound online but there is one thing I would like to share.

There's not much wildlife at the beach where I go to in Kiawah (SC) but if you wade waist deep during the low tide , and dive under the water and come up with a handful of sand you can get a few hermit crabs each time. If you feel around with your feet you might find a sand dollar or possibly a welk. Lots of sand dollars. Norah found like 6 each day. Anyway here's the point: there was this couple (newlyweds, my Dad said) and for 3 days we saw them go out at low tide and collect sand dollars. The man would pile them up, as many as he could find in his hand. Then when they had "enough" (in quotations because we saw them collecting every day) they would put them up on the sand (hot hot sand) to dry. Killing the sand dollars! Grr, I mean, I know it's just a sand dollar but it was still alive. And they must have found at least 40 sand dollars. 40 sand dollars dead and hanging in somebody's bathroom. Even though they're lives didn't mean much no one deserves to bake on the sand. It was really hot too, peaked at 104 on on Wednesday I believe.

We also went kayaking in a blackwater swamp which was really cool. The water is turned black by the same additives put into tea to give it such a lovely color. The water was a beautiful amber-y brown. Very nice.

Another highlight was all the yummy dinners. I love seafood. She-crab soup is my favorite ever. Back to regular eating is painful.

Highschool orientation is on Wednesday. I'm so excited!!

adopt your own virtual pet!