« Home | it's like riding a bike » | dumB survey » | vain vain vain » | george the idiot haircutter guy » | George the haircutter guy » | trouble blogs » | shopping gamble » | home again » | shallow working loser » | hot hot hot »

World News Tonight with Peter Jennings

Peter Jennings died yesterday. Lung cancer. All the smoking did him in. I can't believe he's dead! I couldn't believe that he was retiring in April and now he's dead its just like wow. It's weird... like it was just such a normal thing to see Peter Jennings on TV giving the nightly news. My parents used to watch it sometimes. I know I didn't even know him or like his show or anything but he was just such a fixture! World News Tonight with Peter Jennings! G/d I just can't believe he's dead. It's like the floor's been yanked out from under me while I was still standing on it. Change is weird. Especially change that involves such normal things as Nightly News. Which aren't supposed to change.

Another really hum-drum day today. Just chilled around the house with Norah. Yesterday was quite exciting however. I hadn't planned to do anything but then my friend Amy called and was like "wanna go see Charlie and the Chocolatte Factory with me?" and I was like "hey sure!" So I called my mom and asked permission and Amy's dad was totally cool about picking me up at my house (which was really nice because its out of their way to the movies) and Norah tagged along and it was just really exciting just doing something different than what was planned. I love being spontaneous! Horay for spontaneousismness lol. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was not so exciting the second time though. Oh well. I got to see Amy which was cool because I hadn't seen her since she went to camp and won't again until she comes back from traipsing around the upper eastern part of the United States a few days before school starts.

My Grandma is coming to visit tomorrow. My mom and I are going to pick her up at the airport while Norah has fun at a friends house. That should be interesting... She's going to drive down to South Carolina with us which makes for a cramped car but its not so bad.

The TV keeps spouting news about remembering Peter Jennings.

Man I still can't believe he's dead! World News Tonight with Peter Jennings!!

adopt your own virtual pet!